The Office of District Communications and System Governance aims to educate, engage and recognize the stakeholders of the Knox County Public Schools.
The office strives to provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information from the school district that is connected to our vision of all students college/career ready. At the same time, the office works to provide staff of the school district the information they need so they can focus on our district mission, Inspiring Leaders and Changing Futures.
The Office of District Communications and System Governance supports schools and departments in outreach to our families through these services:
- Strategic planning and communication of comprehensive improvement planning
- Management of the district’s communications outlets including kcps.media, website, social media, printed and electronic newsletters, e-flyers, and news releases
- Media relations and crisis communications
- Audio, video, and print services
- Oversight of district-level scholarships and student selection committees
- Oversight of Superintendent advisory groups
- Leadership and organization of Governance team including district policies and procedures
- Recognition and award programs
To present Knox County Public Schools consistently and to maintain strong relationships with the news media, media relations is the responsibility of the Office of District Communications and System Governance. In the event of crisis communications, requests for interviews and photography are authorized by this department. Members of the media may contact our director by calling (606)546-3157.